America's Best 100 Hospitals
Northridge Hospital Medical Center Is Named One of
AMERICA'S BEST 100 HOSPITALS
for Cardiac Surgery & Critical Care by Healthgrades!
2013 Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™
Distinction places Northridge Hospital Medical Center
in Top Five Percent of Hospitals Nationwide!
This prestigious distinction places Northridge Hospital among the top five percent of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide for clinical performance.
Northridge Hospital's,cardiovascular surgery program also received the “America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery” from Healthgrades, the leading provider of information to help consumers make an informed decision about a physician or hospital. The findings are part of the "
American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: Healthcare Report to the Nation", which evaluates the performance of approximately 4,500 hospitals nationwide across nearly 30 of the most common conditions and procedures.
Patient outcomes are important to consumers making choices today about hospitals. According to new research conducted by Harris Interactive for Healthgrades, 86% of Americans in 27 top designated market areas agree they would be more likely to choose, or not choose, a hospital if they could learn ahead of time the mortality rates for a certain procedure.
From 2009 through 2011, Healthgrades Distinguished Hospitals for Clinical Excellence as a group, had an overall 30.9 percent lower risk adjusted mortality rate compared to all other hospitals that did not achieve the Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award (across 18 common inpatient conditions and procedures).
“We are honored to be recognized among the nation’s best hospitals for safety and quality care,” said Saliba H. Salo, President/CEO. “We have worked very hard to become the best hospital possible for our community and I am very proud of the medical staff, employees and volunteers who consistently put our patients first in everything they do. To have an independent company like Healthgrades validate our hard work is an extraordinary achievement.”
Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence
We’re proud to announce that Northridge Hospital Medical Center is ranked among the top five percent of hospitals in the United States for Clinical Excellence by Healthgrades -- a national healthcare ratings organization.
Northridge Hospital’s nationally recognized clinical achievements include the hospital-wide:
Recipient of the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award -- Clinical Excellence
for two years in a row 2012-2013.
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiac Surgery in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Valve Surgery in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 4 Years in a Row (2010-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Peripheral Vascular Bypass in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke in 2013
- HealthGrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Overall Pulmonary Services for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- HealthGrades Critical Care Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Critical Care in 2013
- Ranked #8 in CA for Critical Care in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in CA for Critical Care in 2013 (Ranked 8 in 2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Overall Critical Care in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 8 Years in a Row (2006-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Maternity Care for 7 Years in a Row (2007-2013)