What You Need to Bring
Babies have a way of surprising us as to when they will make their grand entrance into the world. We recommend that you pack your bags for the hospital at least three weeks before your due date. Don't forget your Babies First pre-admitting card. If you are not pre-admitted, please bring your hospital or clinic identification card, and your insurance or Medi-cal card.
What to Bring for Your Baby
Don't forget clothes, undershirt, and a blanket for your baby. If you’d like baby's first photos taken in a special outfit, please tell your nurse. We will make every effort to have photos taken in this outfit. You will need a car seat for your babies trip home.
Pack the following for your hospital stay, and have your bag ready by the door.
- Tooth brush and tooth paste for you and your coach
- Hairbrush and ponytail holder
- Lip balm
- Camera and film - don't forget batteries if needed
- Phone numbers of people you wish to contact after your baby is born
- Snacks for your labor coach
- Toiletries and grooming items - Due to hospital safety regulations we ask that you leave all electrical appliances, such as a hair dryer, at home.
- Nursing or regular bra and breast pads
- Robe, slippers, socks and gown if you wish
- Loose, comfortable clothes to wear home
- Prepared childbirth (Lamaze) supplies, if needed