Walking You Step-by-Step Through Treatment & Beyond
The Leavey Cancer Center is here to guide and support you through your recovery and beyond. Our Navigator Program is a point-of-contact concierge to ensure a smooth transition among hospital services.
Patients can rely on their Navigator for compassionate support, encouragement and education.
With decades of cancer experience, we know what patients need and want - comprehensive care all at one location.
Chapel and Meditation Garden
Providing a nurturing and peaceful place for silence, reflection or prayer.
A relaxing place for patients and visitors to compose their thoughts or clear their mind.
Provides patients and their families free information on a wide range of cancer topics related to treatments, side effects, medications, nutrition, coping and supportive care. Internet access is also available and books and DVD's are available for purchase. A bilingual patient advocate is available for assistance in the Learning Library.
Look Good, Feel Better
Restores confidence by enhancing patients’ appearance with make-up and wigs and educates them on their changing skin care needs.
A patient’s point-of-contact concierge to ensure a smooth transition among hospital services.
Educates patients on how to optimize their nutrition to repair the effects of cancer treatments.
Designed to ensure that patients who have pain are identified and treated appropriately and effectively while limiting side effects.
Our "dog-tors" are special therapy dogs that help reduce stress in patients.
Helping patients with the many aspects of their lives beyond their physical concerns.
We offer a forum for our patients’ faith, beliefs and values to be shared and honored and to receive emotional and spiritual support to ease the stress of coping with cancer.
Support Groups and Cancer Education
Sharing with and learning from others in similar situations.
- Breast Cancer and Brain Tumor support groups
- Cancer education classes
Supporting patients and families through a compassionate, multi-faith Spiritual Care Program.
Helping to optimize the patient’s quality of life throughout the continuum of illness (for both curable and terminal illnesses). Supportive care addresses physical symptoms plus a patient’s emotional, social and spiritual needs, while also providing access to information for patients to make educated choices.
Partnerships with outstanding organizations that offer unique services such as:
- American Cancer Society - Actively collaborates with Northridge Hospital Cancer Center to provide free additional supportive services, education and assistance to our cancer patients.
- Angie's Spa Cancer Foundation - provides free in-hospital massages for men and women undergoing chemotherapy, radiation and surgery.
- Wellness Community – enhances cancer patients’ and their loved ones health and well-being by providing a free professional program of emotional support, education and hope.
- weSpark – offers a variety of free Mind/Body healing workshops to encourage self-expression, calm the mind and promote healing.