It's no secret that physicians are an important element in staying healthy. Northridge Hospital has an outstanding Medical Staff of more than 800 physicians in 55 specialties. To help choose the right physician for you, Northridge Hospital offers a Find A Doctor service.
Just call our FREE
24-hour-a-day Find A Physician
service with your criteria ... 818-908-8677
. Or, you can view our physician directory
Choosing a doctor is one of the most important decisions we all have to make. The three C's that characterize an excellent physician are: COMPETENCY, COMPASSION, and COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
Here are a few tips to help find the right doctor for you.
Possible additional questions you may want to ask include:
- Family and friends are a good starting point, but try to gather more information from additional sources.
- You can call "Find A Physician" lines at local Medical Centers and go on the Internet to research physicians.
- Ask another local doctor for advice: "Who would you recommend?"
- If you call referral organizations or "Find A Physician" lines, ask for the names of several doctors and specify whether you want a general practitioner or a specialist.
- Consider office location, traffic conditions, distance you will travel, and parking availability.
- Determining a physician's qualifications is also a great place to start.
- What hours is the practice open?
- How long in advance do you need to schedule an appointment?
- How do they handle after-hours non-emergency needs?
- Which hospitals are they associated with?
- Is the doctor Board-certified in a specific specialty?
Finally, and in many ways most importantly, it's the quality of your interaction with the physician. You need to feel comfortable and confident that he or she is genuinely interested and communications will flow smoothly in both directions. The staff and physicians of Northridge Hospital wish you good health!