Are You Searching For A Physician?
Call our Physician Referral Line at 818-908-8677, or visit our online Find a Doctor directory 24-hours a day.
Whether you're starting a family and looking for a pediatrician, new to the area or just visiting and need a specialist's care, Northridge Hospital Medical Center can help. We know how important it is to find a physician that fits the needs of your family.
Tips for Finding A Doctor
It’s no secret that physicians are a vital key to a hospital’s success. And, it’s also no secret that our physicians are the very best!
We are proud to have an outstanding and renowned Medical Staff at Northridge Hospital. We have 900 physicians in 55 specialties to serve you.
Choosing a doctor is one of the most important decisions we all have to make. The three C’s that characterize an excellent physician are: COMPETENCY, COMPASSION, and COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
Here are just a few tips to help locate the best possible doctor:
- Family and friends are a good starting point, but try to gather more information from additional sources.
- You can call “Find-A-Physician” lines at local Medical Centers and go on the Internet to research physicians.
- Ask another local doctor for advice: “Who would you recommend?”
- If you call referral organizations or “Find-A-Physician” lines, ask for the names of several doctors and specify whether you want a general practitioner or a specialist.
- Consider office location, traffic conditions, distance you will travel, and parking availability.
Determining a physician’s qualifications is also a great place to start. Possible additional questions you may want to ask include:
- What hours is the practice open?
- How long in advance do you need to schedule an appointment?
- How do they handle “after-hours” non-emergency needs?
- Which hospitals are they associated with?
- Is the doctor Board-certified in a specific specialty?
- Finally, and in many ways most importantly, it’s the quality of your interaction with the physician. You need to feel comfortable and confident that he or she is genuinely interested and encouraged that communications will flow smoothly in both directions.
The staff and physicians of Northridge Hospital wish you good health!